Best video call app(s) for Android phone and tablet in 2017.
Right now in 2017, video call apps is on the trend with peeps looking for the best video call app that contains great features, specs and will suite their need. Before, i can recall it was just Skype that we use tools make video calls on our Android phones, but right now we have lots of apps for it. The likes of Facebook, whatsapp, wechat, viber etc joined the trend making it better for you to select your preferred best video call app.
So guys this post contains about 10 of them which i started from top to the least of them. So you want to talk face to face with your friends, family, let’s head over to the number 10.
Best Video Call App(s) for Android phone and tablet in 2017
10. Kakao Talk
KakaoTalk is a fast & multifaceted messaging app. Send messages, photos, videos, voice notes and your location for free. Make chatting extra fun with an array of emoticons and sticker collectio
– FAST: Speedy & reliable messaging no matter what your network
– FREE CHATS: FREE messages & multimedia (photos, videos, voice notes)
– FREE CALLS: High-quality voice calls (1:1 and group)
– EMOTICONS: Express it all with our included emoticons PLUS select from endless sticker collections in our Item Store
– GROUP CHAT: Chats with an unlimited number of friends
– PLUS FRIEND: Exclusive coupons & deals from your favorite brands
– VOICE FILTER: Fun free calls with Talking Tom & Ben’s voice filters
– ANDROID WEAR: Reply with voice from wearable devices
WeChat is a messaging and calling app that allows you to easily connect with family and friends across countries. It’s the all-in-one communications app for text (SMS/MMS), voice and video calls, Moments, photo sharing, and games.
• MULTIMEDIA MESSAGING: Send video, photo, text, and voice messages.
• GROUP CHAT & CALLS: Create group chats with up to 500 people and group video calls up to 9 people.
• FREE VOICE & VIDEO CALLS: High-quality free calls to anywhere in the world.
• WECHAT OUT CALLS: Make calls to landlines and mobile around the globe at low rates (in certain regions only).
• STICKER GALLERY: Hundreds of free, fun, animated stickers to express your feelings from some of your favorite cartoons and movies.
• MOMENTS: Share your best moments on your personal photo stream.
• BETTER PRIVACY: WeChat gives you the highest level of control over your privacy. It’s the only messaging app to be certified by TRUSTe.
• MEET NEW FRIENDS: Use “Friend Radar”, “People Nearby” and “Shake” to meet others.
• REALTIME LOCATION: Instead of having to tell others where you are, just use real-time location sharing.
Tango is a free messaging service with free video calls, voice calls, and texts. Stay in touch with the people who matter to you. Tango is the messaging app with the best video calling. All messages and calls are free. Tango works on smartphones and tablets.
BEST VIDEO CALLING – Tango is the first and the best video calling app. It works on smartphones and tablets, so you can always call the people who matter to you anywhere in the world.
ALL THE FEATURES – Send and receive text, stickers, photos, video, audio and location messages on Tango for free. Make voice calls and video calls anywhere in the world for free. Tango works on both smartphones and tablets.
FUN – Don’t just video call, have fun while video calling. Send stickers, add filters, and play games all while in a call. Send stickers, photos and play games with your friends and family in a chat. Everything is free.
GROUPS – Family, friends, roommates, co-workers, events. Use Tango to keep in touch with the groups of people that matter to you. Send text, photos, videos, stickers & more to a group. Groups are free on Tango.
SOCIAL – Follow and interact with interesting people nearby and around the world. Share photos, videos with your followers and see updates from others. Chat with people 1:1 or join a casual conversation.
ooVoo app has a nice and different design in which we see the avatars of our contacts directly. Its quite easy to use & have the most basic functions. of course Video calls but, you can also send text messages, make normal and group calls, although this feature is reserved for premium users. It also has VoIP feature to call abroad but, you must first check the states and countries included.
Viber is your go-to free messenger, allowing you to message or call anyone in the world through your Internet connection. Send a text message to friends and family with Viber Messenger. Call your loved ones using Viber’s live video chat or voice call, all part of Viber’s free and high-quality phone calls. Express yourself with cool stickers and emoji icons, share photos, and send your favorite videos. The free messenger also lets you make international phone calls for free.
★Hassle-free, long-distance calls– Viber Messenger is your free international calling app! No need for a username or login information, simply activate by entering your phone number.
★ Voice or video – Make your free phone call now! – Choose between the basic voice call or go with our live video chat if you need a face-to-face! Whether you make a phone call domestically or have international calls to make, all phone calls boast HD quality sound.
★ Instant video messages – Tap and hold the instant video icon to capture the moment with 30-second videos, release to send.
★Secured communications – Viber messenger automatically encrypts text messages, video and voice calls, photos, videos, and group chats.
★Express yourself with stickers – Bring your text message to life by sending playful emoji icons and cool stickers.
★Your personal messenger with “damage control” – Delete a text message or voice message even after it was sent.
★‘Hidden Chats’ feature – Choose to hide specific chats from your messaging screen and access them later.
Whatsapp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for Android and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don’t have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they’re in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone’s Internet connection rather than your cellular plan’s voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can’t access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer’s browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There’s no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone’s existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you’re always logged in so you don’t miss messages. No more confusion about whether you’re logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there’s no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
4. Facebook Messenger
The Messenger application allows you to make video calls between Facebook users. Among its main advantages is its speed and simplicity, because if we are talking with someone through Facebook Messenger. We only have to press a button to quickly start a video call with that person, without having to open any other application.
– Use everywhere. Messenger works across all mobile and desktop devices. You can even connect with people internationally!
– Connect however you want. Send a text message, share a photo, or start a video chat — all in Messenger.
– Communicate better with groups. Catch up in real time with high quality group video chat or customize your messaging experience with colors, nicknames, and group photos.
– Call and video chat your friends 1:1 or in groups. It’s free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply), so talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries.
– Express yourself. Send emojis, stickers, and GIFs to conversations or add new masks and effects to your video chats.
– Capture photos and videos with fun art and effects. You can save these to camera roll, send to conversations, or post to your Day, a place where people can see what you’re up to.
– Play games and compete with your friends. You can compare scores and see how you rank against other people.
– Chat with businesses. You can make reservations, check on orders, and get real-time customer service.
Line is one of the best video chat app. Having 100 million downloads on google play is not easy that’s what makes this app good. Line has the ability to offer instant messaging and free calls anytime, anywhere as long as you have connected internet.
Intimate conversations or large round tables can happen anywhere with group video calls
Chat with up to 200 friends in your group simultaneously! Enjoy face to face video chats with friends as well!
★ Use polls to quickly see what your friends think
From where to meet to what to eat, avoid lengthy discussions and make decisions easily by creating a poll.
★ Free voice and video calls anywhere, anytime
Enjoy great quality calls at no charge, no matter where you are. Even international calls with up to 200 people at the same time are completely free! Use effects and filters for even more fun during video calls. (Note that this feature may not be available on certain devices.)
★ Convenient chats where anything is possible
Share messages, photos, videos, stickers, voice messages, and locations easily with friends.
★ Fun and easy-to-use social networking features
From messages and photos to videos and locations, share your daily moments with friends on Timeline!
★ Find the world’s most popular characters at the Sticker Shop
Browse hundreds of popular free stickers plus adorable stickers of the world’s favorite characters! Choose from a variety of LINE sticker sets to liven up your messages in your own unique way.
★ Auto-sync your device and PC
Whether on the go with the mobile version or connected to the desktop version using your PC or Mac, your LINE chats are always up-to-date and synced automatically across all versions.
★ Your own personal storage space: Keep
Store messages, photos, videos, and more in Keep where you can easily share them with friends.
★ Stay informed with LINE official accounts
Connect directly with your favorite celebrities and companies by friending their official accounts.
★ Get connected to new apps
LINE provides a gateway to entertainment and lifestyle apps that will keep you entertained and bring new convenience to your life.
★ Make international calls with LINE Out
Place international calls to mobile phones and landlines at low rates. You can even call friends who aren’t on LINE.
Plus, enjoy free calls after watching ads with LINE Out Free.
2. Google Duo
Duo is a one-to-one video calling app for everyone – designed to be simple, reliable and fun, so you never miss a moment.
Pick a loved one and jump right in, with a simple interface that brings video to the forefront.
See the caller before you answer with Duo’s live preview feature.
Experience faster and more reliable video calls whether you’re on Wi-Fi or on-the-go.
Video call all your friends across Android and iOS with just one simple app.
Make audio-only calls to your friends when you can’t have a video call.
Its one of the Best video calling app for android 2017. Skype is the way to making voice calls and video calls for free. Mostly used by people around the world and with over 100 million downloads on google play, is one of the best apps that currently exist for this purpose. While it is true that you spend more data than with other programs when you are writing and receiving messages, your call quality is beyond doubt, just as it is intuitive. Has a PC version, so you can call phones and computers or tablets.
• Messaging made amazing: More than just text. Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis and more. You can also respond to any message from your contacts with reactions.
• Supercharge your chats with Add-Ins**: No more switching back and forth between apps. Easily share content using Add-Ins without leaving Skype.
• Great for groups: Add your favourite people and start chatting. Use groups to plan together, play together, for staying in touch or just for hanging out.
• Call everyone – Skype, mobiles and landlines: Free* video and voice calls make it easier to stay connected with friends and family. You’ll also enjoy low calling rates to mobiles and landlines worldwide with Skype.
• Never miss a moment with quick capture: Quickly swipe to capture photos and videos. Make them your own by adding emoticons, stickers and annotations.
• Share Highlights: Keep others updated with Highlights from your day. React to any Highlights with amazing emoticons or send a private message about that Highlight. Your Highlights only stay visible for 7 days to your followers.