Don’t know if you have experienced your android phone not receiving texts, and you can’t seems to understand or figure out what actually caused the problem and also how to fix it. I have come up with a working solution on how to fix it right away.
You might think that you’re the only one having this issue on your android phone, be it Samsung, huawei, xiaomi, LG etc. The truth is that there’s lots of users complaining of not receiving texts on their android phone.
You can make calls, browse the web, check your airtime and data, but can’t receive text messages on your phone, below might be the causes.
- Insufficient network signal.
- Network coverage deficiency.
- Misconfiguration in your phone’s settings.
- Software conflict
- A glitch with the built-in messaging app
- You recently switched from an iPhone to Android.
- Carrier problem with network registration.
The above is an assumption, let’s look at how to fix this. First i will recommend that you turn off your phone or reboot it, send sms to the phone and see if the error is corrected.
If that didn’t solve it, then let’s look at the working methods in fixing android phone not receiving texts.
How to fix Android phone not receiving texts
If you have tried the reboot and it didn’t work, then try these fixes below;
1. Deleting Some Messages
This is first and foremost thing to do, remove some messages that doesn’t make sense to you anymore. The reason for this is that your android phone messages might have reached its limit, and can’t receive a new one.
So try to remove some messages that isn’t useful to you and see if you will start to receive new sms.
As you a user, you know how to and the messages to remove. So try this first method.
2. Remove other messaging apps
Do you have messaging apps installed on your phone, like Facebook messenger and others. These messenger apps tends to override your main sms app, and if you force stop them, you can’t receive any message through it.
For example, a friend installed the facebook messenger app and mistakenly activated it as its main sms app, when he forced stopped the app, he wasn’t receiving messages again.
So what he did is to remove the facebook messenger app and immediately tons of sms notifications showed on his phone.
Please if you have messenger app(s) installed, remove them and see if it will stop the problem of your android phone not receiving texts.
3. Clear Your Messaging Cache( unable to receive text messages android)
If the above two steps didn’t work for you, head to next step which is clearing your sms app cache or even the data as well.
Here’s how you can do that;
- Go to Settings > Apps.
- Make sure All apps filter is selected.
- Scroll through the list until you find the built-in messaging apps and tap on it. It’s usually called Messaging.
- Tap on Storage and wait until the data gets calculated.
- Tap on Clear Data.
- Tap on Clear Cache.
- Restart your phone and see if the issue has been resolved.
4. Performing a network registration reset
If no method worked so far, let’s try resetting the network registration. The solution is to insert the SIM card into another phone which will override the network registration on your number.
Here’s a quick walkthrough:
- Take out your SIM card and insert it in another phone.
- Turn it ON and wait 2-3 minutes.
- Make sure it has cellular signal before you turn it OFF.
- Take out the SIM card again and insert it in the phone that was causing problems.
- Turn it on again and wait 2-3 minutes. It should automatically reconfigure the network registration.
5. Doing a Radio reset(android phone not receiving texts)
If nothing has worked, try do a radio reset. Typically reset codes are given by carriers when other troubleshooting methods fail, but you can easily find them on the web.
If you’re using an iPhone, the standard code for a radio reset is ##25327#
On Android, things are a little more complicated. While the radio reset code for the stock version of Android is ##873283#, some manufacturers use their own custom codes.
You can get your phone manufacturer radio reset code by searching on the net, you should find it. After you found the appropriate one, insert the code and wait for your device to restart.
6. Performing a factory reset
If all methods you tried didn’t work for you, you have one last chance which should definitely solve your android phone not receiving texts messages.
All that’s left now is to do a factory reset and it should fixe the issue. If this doesn’t fix the issue, then you have to return the phone if the warranty is still valid.
Note: Keep in mind that a factory reset will delete any of your personal data that isn’t on your SD card, so it’s recommended to create a backup before doing this( a must unless you don’t have the need for backup).
- Go to Settings > Advanced settings.
- Tap on Backup & reset and see whether backups are enabled on your device. If you don’t have a backup, you should do one now.
- Scroll down and tap on Factory data reset.
You May Like
If you are unable to receive text messages android phone, these are the fixes that i know. If you have more to add to this, we will appreciate your effort thanks.